The Electrician is on holiday again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From reading a lot of posts here, it seems as though 90% of electricians are on holiday at the moment. This seems to be the case between the months of february to november. This must make it a bit awkward for all the DIYer's to avoid breaking the law by failing to comply with building regs/part P etc.
Then, of course you've got the added problem that all electricians are on xmas holiday from november to february anyway. :confused:

It's a good job that there are forums like this where people can go to learn how to break the law without actually killing anybody, as that would be somewhat unfortunate for the homeowner and their families.

I wonder which electrician holds the record for the longest consecutive period of time on holiday? ( feel free to include time spent in hospital/jury service/in prison/on another planet/giving birth to triplets etc. )

For me, its two weeks, can any other qualified spark improve on this? ;)

Sponsored Links
I thought they were only on holiday when you tried to call then, and also when they are supposed to call you back.

Sponsored Links
been "on holiday" since 22nd Feb.. still looking in the jobcenter every few days.. no luck yet..

oh and in no way are we helping people to break the law. it's not illegal to DIY electrics..
if anything we are helping them to comply with the law by advising how to do the job properly and safely..

Our firm has joined the B+ CE benefits scheme so holiday pay increased by about £40 a week till 2012, so more reason to take it now.

I'm too busy posting on here to actually visit any of my customers.

Does that count?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back