The little blue bar at the top.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, would it be possible to re-arrange the order of the words in the blue bar at the top of the internet explorer page.

I'm sure they used to be in a different order.

For example, this window is called "The little blue bar at the top. - DIYnot.com - DIY and Home Improvement - Windows Internet Explorer"

I think it used to be displayed as "DIYnot.com > The little blue bar at the top. - DIY and Home Improvement - Windows Internet Explorer" or something like that.

When I have a few windows open, it is now difficult to spot which one is DIYnot as it no longer says it in the button at the bottom of the screen like it used to.

Hope this makes sense as I'm not very up on computer lingo.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean, the order has changed. I can change it back for logged in users as I think you're right it does make it easier to find the appropriate window/tab when lots are open. It will change over the next few days.

I seem to get a Blue square logo with "DIY" on it before the writing starts, so with mine ,that stands out against the others.

Most of the other boxes just have the "e" logo at the start.
Not sure why though.

Rocky,
They are talking about the very top bar in your window not the address bar,
the one above where it says File Edit View etc.

What you are getting is called a Favicon, that is the little DIY blue square, some sites have the system set up to display their own little symbol and any that don't, IE justr shows the 'e' icon.
If you go to this site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/ you will get a little black square with BBC in it.

When you are reading this post, the bar at the very top will have the E icon for internet explorer and the wording:
The little blue bar at the top.- DIYnot.com - DIY Home Improvement.

dave

Sponsored Links
I'm looking into why it hasn't updated. It was actually done shortly after I posted above in Jan, and should have been pushed onto the live site shortly thereafter, something obviously appears to be amiss.

Sponsored Links
Back