The whole series/parallel mix-up...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a downlighter job at the minute. The guy bought stuff from a shed. Yuk. Made in Leeds. Yuk. Say no more.

Instructions say you can wire these fittings in series! Then there is a diagram showing a fitting fed with two cables (in & out presumably...)

So, while the connection is no doubt parallel, the manufacturer (who most people assume knows what they are talking about) is presenting this "loop" method of connection as "series".

Strange.

No wonder people get parallel & series mixed up if the mfr has...

I feel a phone call coming on!

Sponsored Links
its called insturctions wirrten by people who are not native english speakers and aren't up on the precise electrical terms for things in english

I know you shouldn't reply to old posts, but .... :D

I had the same issue last night, after wiring up 4 downlighters in parallel, i noticed the instructions said to wire them up serial.... It had me thinking for a few minutes, but i put it down to craply imported instructions.

I agree with secure, no wonder people get confused with the parallel / serial issue ..... :evil:

Sponsored Links
But Ban, we all know Plug is not a native english speaker......he talks Plugese...... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back