Thema Classic F24E - Clicking/clanking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

This morning, my boiler made a loud clicking/clanking noise (hard to describe, as you can see!) that lasted about 10 seconds. It has done it a couple of times during the morning. Hot water & heating have been fine.

I'm a bit concerned as I'm selling my flat in the new year and I don't want to saddle anyone with an iffy boiler. It's been completely fine for the 2 years I've lived here, and I think it's about 3 to 4 years old.

I turned it off for 30 mins and turned it back on (the old Microsoft trick!) and it's been fine for an hour.

Any clues what that might be? It's a Saunier Duval Thema Classic F24E.

Thanks,

Ozzy.

Sponsored Links
Water pressure is fine. all rads and hot taps operating exactly as before.

Just a little concerned about the horrible noise. Hasn't done it since the switch on / switch off earlier.

Thanks

Oz.

Sponsored Links
this was a long time ago, experienced similar... clunking/banging when on (more noise than usual for a while), pilot light won't light up now though???

how did you get on? (if you're still about)

appreciate any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back