There's no hope

Sponsored Links
Under Ken Clarke's likely proposals, it's pretty unlikely that they would have got custodial sentences since he is of the impression that prisons don't work and that they don't keep the country safe. I think that the jury is out on that one!

and why are we surprised by stories like this anymore? they're not unusual, they're the norm!!

We keep on getting these big promises from our politicians about how they are going to fix crime "tough on the causes" etc, only to be fobbed off with a whole load of nonsense once we elect them and give them the job.

It seems to me that the warning that the judge is really giving in this case is to the homeless and that they shouldn't sleep rough. Totally absurd.

Sponsored Links
"They were cleared of murdering Mr Millward"... :eek: so repeatedly kicking someone to death is not murder? :eek: :eek:

sooey......... That's just the tip of the iceberg.

There simply isn't any justice anymore............

Innocent people get prosecuted for defending their homes and children
against scum found in their property......

Peadophiles get released, only to re-offend against our children/grandchildren..............

Immigrants caught attacking and robbing some poor old girl, then bailed, only to disappear, and re-offend..............

The list could go on and on and on............

Why do people p*ssy-foot around this subject.........

Let's tell it how it is.

The f*ckin Worlds gone mad.

Make me the minister for justice........ I'd love it........ ;)

I am the father of a 15 year old boy and had he been convicted of such a hideous crime, I would want him locked away for a very long time. I love my son very much but not to the extent where that love supersedes natural justice.

so what is it that makes these judges - supposedly hyper intelligent, hugely reverred beings - pass sentences that literally mocks the general public....? is it simply that they are out of touch? or are they guided by the government?

How can they get it soooo wrong? :evil: :evil:

Bolo, I suspect you might feel differently if, god forbid, that ever happened. I wouldn't expect any loving father to want to see his son or daughter locked up cos I know how I'd feel. I'd expect the judge to place a bit more value on a mans life than this character seems to have though.

I wonder what the judge would have done if it had been his own son who had been killed or had done the killing. There has to be a bit of empathy on behalf of all parties concerned going on when a judge gives his or her sentence.

With Bolo on this one.
If, like me and my wife, you have brought your children up to know right from wrong to the best of your ability, (and I suggest that the majority of us on here have done that), only to find that they go and do something like this then you are going to feel that you have failed them.
You haven't!
Society as a whole has failed them by allowing things like this to happen and then letting the do-gooders interfere and come out with lame, trumped-up excuses for their behaviour and people in judgement take notice. You are a lone voice(s) in the melee of media hype/news reporting.
To a child you're like the fire and brimstone vicar standing in the pulpit on a Sunday morning preaching hellfire and damnation. You have never seen anyone go down to hell so you become blasé about the whole thing.
The only thing that will change this situation is if we radically overhaul the 'human rights' bill and judges consistently hand out stiif punishments for violent crimes, punishments with no parole. Life should mean life and an indefinite sentence should mean a minimum of 20 years.
As much as I love my children/grand children if they are guilty of a crime they should pay the penalty.

The first question is "what actually works?". Has anyone got any information on levels of crime in other countries and which systems are the most effective? I suspect very strongly that it will be brutal dictatorships that have the least crime due to the harsh or visiouc treatment of it's criminal classes, but I may be wrong.

The second question obviously asks what is wrong with some people that they feel it appropriate to behave in such a disgusting fashion towards their fellow human beings - somewhere along the line something has failed to enter their heads.

I can remember the Torries banging on about Labour being soft on crime - so they've gone even softer now they are in power. Bet it's Cleggs handywork.

There are some cultures where you could be stoned to death for acts which we don't even regard as crimes.
I'm glad we have progressed beyond that, but taking a life is a serious act which really needs severe sentencing. If we aren't doing that, something is very wrong with our system. Individually we can't address that, collectively our voices are pretty well ignored by the decision makers. That is the situation, and it doesn't look like changing in the near future.
It's a good job that minor motoring offences carry substantial financial penalties to redress the balance.

Sponsored Links
Back