Thermastic shower and hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi very one
I would be very grateful for any help with a problems I'm having with  a thermastic shower and hot water pressure. Im in the process of installing a new bathroom and as you do I've replaced everything, tiles, bathroom suite and of course the shower. The problem is that I can't get the impeller pump to kick in when turning the new shower on. The bathroom is in a ground floor flat and the hot water is controlled by a gravety feed system. The hot water tank and feed tank are in the bathroom and there is no central heating. There used to be a Gainsborough Ambasador concealed thermastic shower there and it worked just fine. Ive replaced the Gainsborough shower with a Mira Brillio bar shower..... I've set the new shower that about the same height give or take a few inches...... The pipe work is about the same(can't do much with the pipes as there cemented into the floor and 15mm and not 22). I've removed isolation  valves to see is that's the issue.......I no that the shower work when I lower the shower head passed the unit on the wall and from time to time it will work when then the head is up high. There is a problem with low hot water pressure and I can't do anything with the positioning of the hot water tank and cold water feed tank and without digging up te floor I can't really move the impeller pump. What can I do to improve the pressure. I will post pictures later when I go back to the flat later today.
Many thanks for you time and any help

Sponsored Links
If the hot water supply is gravity fed and is on the same floor as the shower then you may need a negative head pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back