Thermostat for megaflow hot water cylinder???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, was hoping someone could help me with my query, I have recently moved into a 4 year old house and am still trying to come to terms with the Hotwater/CH!!! i have a boiler in the garage with a megaflow hotwater tank in the cupboard upstairs, a timer in the kitchen that controls the HW/CH and a thermostat in the Hall for the CH.

My problem is that it's heating the hot water up to a temputure where it burns my hands. I would like, if possible to turn the tempurture down by a couple of 100 degrees so i'm left with some skin on my hands! i've been told i should have a thermostat on the cylinder somewhere, but can't find one. How easy/how much would it be to install one? do i need one? is there another way???

Sponsored Links
The Megaflow has one built into the unit......it can be adusted by removing the electric cover on the side of the cylinder, however a lot of builder sit the cylinder in such a way as you can get to the damn thing!

hi

i have a similar problem, no hot water. I have a megaflow tank with cotherm tse thermostat/immersion heater to heat the water up. some reason they are not working and have tried everywhere to get one and cant. do you have any ideas where i can get them from or a replacement?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back