Thermostat issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have an idea icos boiler. Unvented system with water tank in airing cupboard. I have two thermostats. One downstairs hallway and one on the landing hallway on top of stairs. The problem I got is. If I turn the thermostat up downstairs. The thermostat clicks and the flame light comes on. So there is a demand for heat but it won't fire up the boiler. But if I turn up the upstairs thermostat it makes the boiler fire up. Heating the rads upstairs and Also now the downstairs. So to get heating downstairs I got to go upstairs and turn up the thermostat upstairs. Wasn't always like that obviously. I could keep upstairs off and keep bottom on independently. Something's wrong.looks like the upstairs is controlling both. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Faulty Sycron motor in valve to heating downstairs It could be in the airing cupboard and could be a silver box on the pipework or white please take a picture for
Me to be able to show you which one it is

I've just done a qiuck experiment. I put the thermostat on upstairs. And then the heating came on downstairs. I then turned the temp down downstairs and the rads cooled. So the switching is working ok downstairs just the upstairs thermostat makes the bottom one 'live'

Is it the motorised valve you were thinking Norfolk boiler man? I know I have two. One for top and one for bottom

Sponsored Links
Yeah the white/ grey ones but if the top one is giving power to the bottom one something isn't right it sounds like both are working but wiring fault do you have 2 programmers ? To set times or one for hot water an 2 for heating

This is what I got. I don't use a timer. I just put the hot water on. On permanent. And turn off when the tanks full. And I keep the heating on. On setting too. No timers setting used. Seperate buttons one for heating and one for water

The control panel turns on top and bottom zones the same time. I always use the bottom part of the menu. 'On'. No timer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back