Thermostatic control valve - too efficient??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a watermill regerative shower pump with the hotwater input controlled by a comap thermostatic mixing valve. Its been fine for the past 18 months but with the cold weather we're having it seems to cool the water too much, making it impossible to get the shower temperature hot enough. Any ideas or can any one recommend a mixing valve that will be slightly hotter. There must be a heat loss between the valve and the pump?

Sponsored Links
Haven't a clue what you are on about, too vague, but most thermostatic mixers can be adjusted. Cold water temp in winter could be as much as 7 - 8 deg cooler than summer.

Haven't a clue what you are on about, too vague, but most thermostatic mixers can be adjusted. Cold water temp in winter could be as much as 7 - 8 deg cooler than summer.

sorry I wsn't clear. The pump powers a thermostatically controlled shower. However as the manufacturer states that the maximum hot water input to the pump should not exceed 60degrees I've introduced a thermostatic mixer valve on the input side of the pump. This is turned up to maximum temprature (60), Its been fine all through the summer months, However, the shower temprature is now too cool to be enjoyable. I imagined the mixer valve would take account of the temperature of both the hot and cold supplys. I could remove the mixer valve but not sure if that will shorten the life of the pump?. could any body recommend a better mixer valve. the current one is a comap 605 or 605s not sure which.

You could try removing the blending valve. Shower valve could also be adjusted.

Your stored water supply should be set to 60 deg anyway. Temp of water drawn off may be a few degrees higher but i doubt it will make much difference to the pump. Although it says the max should not exceed 60 it will be rated and tested for a bit higher than that.

Sponsored Links
Mmmm I might just try that. just wondered was there a mixing valve that would be preferable Thanks for your thoughts. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back