Thermostatic Shower Temperature fluctuates between hot/cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone has come across this problem and found a solution, I would appreciate your advice.
I recently had a Mira Realm Thermostatic shower fitted and although it gives a good forceful flow at a comfortable temperature to begin with, the temperature fluctuates all the time; it switches from hot to cold about every minute - which is maddening. It's ok now because it's summer but in the winter it's not going to be fun at all! :(

The shower is installed on a Glow worm Betacom 24c boiler system.

I have tried the shower with the flow adjuster fitted, and without, following a conversation with MIRA, but the problem is the same.

I have tried with the water output temperature of the boiler set on high, and low, but this doesn't appear to have any affect either.

I did ask, when I bought the shower, if it was OK for combi systems, and I was told it was.

Now, I wish I had bought an ordinary manual mixer shower but it's expensive to just chuck it away and get another one.

Any suggestions? :?: [/b]

Sponsored Links
Have you run a tap, like the kitchen or the basin in the bathroom for long enough? See if you have the same problem.

Sponsored Links
Have you run a tap, like the kitchen or the basin in the bathroom for long enough? See if you have the same problem.

Yes - I have tried a tap in the basin in the bathroom and there is a little fluctuation but nothing like the experience in the shower where the hot water appears to shut off.

Are you sure the hot and cold feed to the shower valve are on the correct side, usually hot to the left side.

Pete

Are you sure the hot and cold feed to the shower valve are on the correct side, usually hot to the left side.

Pete

Thanks for your feedback - I checked the supply and hot and cold appear to be on the correct sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back