Thermostatic Shower too hot and no cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Having problems with a thermostatic shower (Triton Altair I think)

Although unconventional, we had to plumb in using cold mains (with PRV) and hot water from cylinder (which sits at floor level).

The unit works on low pressure systems (0.1 bar min) and although it was not the most powerful shower in the world it was an inexpensive option and actually worked fine until a few weeks ago. Originally, the water temp was perfect but would slow to a trickle if the hot was turned up too much, but now its the opposite!

Water will now only come out if the hot is turned to maximum, but its way too hot and there is not much pressure, so is something is going on with the cold supply?

May be a coincidence, but I'm sure the hot water pipes running up to the shower are getting louder or maybe I'm just paranoid. (Boiler and cylinder recently serviced)

The area is fairly hard water, but I thought a thermostatic shower would run cold if it was blocked with limescale debris not hot!!

Obviously, the unconventional plumbing invalidates the warranty so left to our own devices! Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back