Thermostatic shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok a while ago i asked which was the best type of shower for my boiler, that being a thermostatic one with my vaillant eco pro 28 combi boiler.
The shower I chose was a Cascade Manila surface mounted thermostatic shower.
This has now been fitted,but i have a problem with it.

It is connected by the hot n cold pipes (Obviously i hear you say, but im just stating :p ) when the shower is turned on it is running warm and i see the boiler kicking in, bear in mind that the boiler hot water temp is set to 40C.
The shower temp is on the minimum, and the factory setting inside hasnt been touched.
If the temp bar is raised to make the shower hotter, it seems like the shower is pumping more cold water through and the boiler lights go out ( the boiler isnt off but its not heating the water as though its not needed)

If the temp bar is put back to the minimum then the boiler kicks in again.

I initially thought that the hot and cold feed pipes had been put on incorrectly but then i was informed that the shower bar has a red and blue marking on it and the hot is on the red one and cold on the blue.

Has anyone any ideas at all please ?

Sponsored Links
ok a while ago i asked which was the best type of shower for my boiler, that being a thermostatic one with my vaillant eco pro 28 combi boiler.
The shower I chose was a Cascade Manila surface mounted thermostatic shower.
This has now been fitted,but i have a problem with it.

It is connected by the hot n cold pipes (Obviously i hear you say, but im just stating :p ) when the shower is turned on it is running warm and i see the boiler kicking in, bear in mind that the boiler hot water temp is set to 40C.
The shower temp is on the minimum, and the factory setting inside hasnt been touched.
If the temp bar is raised to make the shower hotter, it seems like the shower is pumping more cold water through and the boiler lights go out ( the boiler isnt off but its not heating the water as though its not needed)

If the temp bar is put back to the minimum then the boiler kicks in again.

I initially thought that the hot and cold feed pipes had been put on incorrectly but then i was informed that the shower bar has a red and blue marking on it and the hot is on the red one and cold on the blue.

Has anyone any ideas at all please ?

it does sound like reverse connections, turn the hotwater stat up on the boiler and feel which side of the shower inlets is hot then check with shower manufacture which side of the shower has the hot inlet. Hot normally on the left.

thx for the reply, i already checked it

Manual says Hot on left cold on right. When i look at the back of the shower, i.e the pipes not the shower bar, and the hot is on the left and cold on the right.
This means that the hot pipe is connected to the end of the shower bar that has the temp on and the cold is connected to the end that turns it on n off.

if your looking in the cupboard at the rear of the shower facing the pipes the hot willbe on you right.
if your facing your mixer the hot will be on left.

Sponsored Links
if your looking in the cupboard at the rear of the shower facing the pipes the hot willbe on you right.
if your facing your mixer the hot will be on left.

So seems they are on the wrong way round, which is what i thought. So what are the red n blue seals in the bar itself, are they not the indicators for the hot n cold ? Seems thats why it was fitted like that.

which is why they fitted it like so, but i have just been n checked again and the hot feed pipe is on the left as i look at the back of the shower. So its a straight forward changeover it seems.

you said that the hot is connected to the end with the temp dial on which is on the right.

you then said the hot should be on the left according to the manual.

so they are round the wrong way.

which is why they fitted it like so, but i have just been n checked again and the hot feed pipe is on the left as i look at the back of the shower. So its a straight forward changeover it seems.

yes not hard job.

you said that the hot is connected to the end with the temp dial on which is on the right.

you then said the hot should be on the left according to the manual.

so they are round the wrong way.

ok let me clarify before anything gets changed

Manual says
Bar Shower Body
Determine correct orientation and position for the vavle and screw the connectors into the wall connections,.HOt on the left Cold on the right.

The Bar shower body has a on off on the left and temp on the right as i look at the bar.

The hot pipe is behind the temp end and the cold is behind the on off end. So basically when i look at the back of the shower the hot is at the back of the cupboard, my left and the cold is on the right, nearest the front of the cupboard. These were connected to the corresponding colours in the connections

My assumption is that the manual is indicating the left and right when you are looking at the bar shower and that not when you are looking at the back of it ( if that makes sense lol ) So then the hot would be behind the on off end and the cold behind the temp end.

Sorry to confuse

thanks guys for the help :D much appreciated. Now to kick the other half and get it changed...or go learn how to do it myself lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back