Thermostatic valve - pin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Myson thermostatic valve and, whilst trying to get it working again, have pulled out the valve pin (i know ..... should have read this site first!!).
Is there anyway of getting the pin back in the valve fully?
I can get the pin in so far to stop leakage but not all the way. Is it time for a plumber? Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Does the valve now work? Does the pin press in against the spring and then return under spring pressure? If so, it's OK. If not, try inserting it again, but smear some Vaseline (or silicone grease) on it first, then push in with flat metal tool (e.g. screwdriver blade) to force it past the seals.

Thanks for suggestion. The top of the valve won't go back on as the pin is sticking up too high. When I press with fingers pin does push against spring. Tried using vaseline but this has not helped - can't push pin in any further. The Pin is stopping any leakage as it sits which is good.
Any further suggestions?

Open top of valve to highest setting (5?) before trying to fit.

Sponsored Links
tried that but it is a few mm's away from being able to engage with screw fitting even when set to top setting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back