Thin Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to re-render the top of a concrete seated area because the current seat is too flat and rainwater settles on it. (FYI - the depth of the seat is 700mm)
The problem I have is that the front of the seat is also concrete, so there's a corner-bead already forming a nice, clean edge. I'd planned to slope the seat with 10mm of render at the back falling to 0mm at the front but this will almost certainly crack at the front due to the render being far too thin.

Any ideas?

I thought something similar to Self-Leveling cement would be good as it is made of much thinner stuff (but of course the self-levelling part rules this out!).

My other ideas are to recommend tiling the area, putting timber on the top or I may simply stop answering my phone...... ;)

Sponsored Links
are you only allowed to render the top of the seat?? if not why dnt you put a bead at the back and one at the front the back one obviously set higher then one on the bottom front lip of the front of ther seat (if you understand) then render the top front and just a bit on the bottom to loose the under side of the bead wing which will be unseen

Sponsored Links
It's one of those silly bit jobs you regret taking on. Just drill a hole at the back to let the water run out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back