Thorn M 56/76 Boiler. Radiator "Hot" Water "N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the subject heading indicates. My old Thorn boiler is doing a great job heating the radiators. But the hot water is only luke warm and that is with the thermostate turned right up.

Welcome your thoughts! Any assitance appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Kev,

Yes water in the header tank. Just piping hot radiators and no hot water :(

Sponsored Links
A mate said he could hear the boiler "kettling" and suggested a drain down of the boiler and back flushing to remove the silt! Said silt in lower pipe work will stop the circulation in the hot water system

Does that make since. Nothing has been done to the boiler in the 10 years I have lived here.

Cheers Ray

What system have you got ?From what i can gather it is open vented to start with! Is it fully pumped or pumped heating gravity hot water?

ph said:
Is it fully pumped or pumped heating gravity hot water?

There is only 1 pump for the radiators. The Boiler is downstairs and the hot water tank is upstairs in the bathroom.

Does this help!!

Look for a motorised valve sitting on a pipe somewhere. The motors "go" and they stay shut. It will be wired to the control box If it has a lever on the end to slide to "Man" and hook up, you will get (uncontrolled) HW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back