Threshold bar between tiled rooms slight height difference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for some help with this threshold please.

Short story:
Two adjacent rooms, same porcelain tiles however one floor slightly higher than the other. I need to do away the through floor and create a clear threshold with door bar.

Long story:
We had an extension built and several months down the line the tiles start popping and eventually crack. If you put a level across the doorway, surprise surprise its not level. Looks like / sounds like (hollow tapping) the builders have creatively made up for the height difference by putting adhesive either end of the tiles and somehow bending them. Hence the recent breakage.

My Question:
All being well underneath these tiles, I plan to lift the affected area and lay spares with a couple of mm break down the door way. There'll be a slight height difference, so I'd need to use the correct door bar. Someone recommended the one in the picture. Is that correct? looks like it only sticks down. I thought there'd be something that kind of slid underneath both sides.

If you look close at the picture you can see the cracks (getting worse) and if it makes a difference the room to the right is slightly higher than the room to the left.

Thank you

Attachments

• myfloor.png
    myfloor.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back