Tidying up plastic pipe installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've just had a complete central heating system installed inlcuding removal of the old copper microbore and replacement with new plastic piping and new radiators.

Though the plastic pipework has many advantages, one disadvantage is that you cannot have it popping out a skirting board then 90 degrees up to a rad without a bulky L connector, so you end up with pipe exiting the channel in the wall behind the radiator and 'swooping' (technical term :oops: ) down to the TRV. This looks crap IMHO.

Is it possible / a good idea to terminate the plastic pipe with copper pipe so you can have a neater visible installation (i.e. tight 90 degree turns etc) ?

Any thoughts much appreciated
Cheers
Alistair

Sponsored Links
Have seen neat all plastic install to rad valves the F & R pipes comes out behind the rad in the centre, then bend arround to the rad valves that allready have a small push fitting to push the pipe into horizontal, only a small amount of plastic pipe shows
40021_a.jpg
http://www.pegler.co.uk/products/in...rier+Push+Fit+Radiator+Valves|854#&template=1

screw fix sell them http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=102636&ts=16054&id=88878

bobthebender said:
Thats what most decent Plumbers would have done .

In my opinion a "decent plumber" would have used copper tubing for the whole installation !!!

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
In my opinion a "decent plumber" would have used copper tubing for the whole installation !!!

Thats why i'm not known as Pete the pusher ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back