Tile Adhesive not set

Tap the rawl plug flush then put the scew in 1 or 2 turns then tap the end of the screw. It will push the rawl plug into position snug into the wall.

Sponsored Links
Tap the rawl plug flush then put the scew in 1 or 2 turns then tap the end of the screw. It will push the rawl plug into position snug into the wall.
Thank you!

Another question (that's what this forum is for, right!), am coming up to a fiddly bit. It there a way to mix small amounts of adhesive, say using a sandwich bag, so that I can get a few tiles on place before more measurements and cutting?

I used a mug and graduated jug to measure my mixes out (measured capacity of mug and worked backwards), old plastic container to mix it in.

As long as you get the ratio right you can mix 2 or three tiles worth at a time.

Last thing you want is to scrap half your mix because you've run out of time!.

It turns out that the corners of our bathroom are not right angles!

Any thoughts on solving the issue in the pic? Cutting the bath, cutting into the wall, etc? The gap is about an inch.

IMG_20171028_231655.jpg

Sponsored Links
I used Byretech BathSeal Ultra 10.

Our walls were not square either and I have a steel bath (no cutting!).

If you can trim the bath without loosing any of it's strength then that might be an option?.

The Byretech is an excellent solution either way as there's very little silicone exposed but a very good seal between bath and wall.

I used Byretech BathSeal Ultra 10.

Our walls were not square either and I have a steel bath (no cutting!).

If you can trim the bath without loosing any of it's strength then that might be an option?.

The Byretech is an excellent solution either way as there's very little silicone exposed but a very good seal between bath and wall.

Looks like a good solution, how much gap can it cover though?

16mm so you'd still possibly have to alter the bath if you have an inch gap (just measured mine).

The long strip goes from wall to wall, then the two short ones are pre-cut on one end to join up to the profile.

Mine looked similar to yours but might have been slighly less of a gap?, looks close though!.

16mm so you'd still possibly have to alter the bath if you have an inch gap (just measured mine).

The long strip goes from wall to wall, then the two short ones are pre-cut on one end to join up to the profile.

Mine looked similar to yours but might have been slighly less of a gap?, looks close though!.

Thanks, just read that the maximum gap it can cover is 10mm. That would cover over if I do cut the bath though, and I could use CLS against wall under edge of bath to strengthen it?

Whichever way you go I would put battens/ CLS on the 3 walls to support the lip of the bath, will make a much sturdier instalation and less chance of the bath to wall seal failing.

Trimming the bath and fitting the Byretech would make a nice neat job.

None of my walls are square either, you get used to working round it after a while!.

I looked into that, the surface that sticks it to the wall is quite thin and looked like it would be tricky to fit with a perfect seal all the way along.

Have a look on B & Q as well for the reviews..

I looked into that, the surface that sticks it to the wall is quite thin and looked like it would be tricky to fit with a perfect seal all the way along.

Have a look on B & Q as well for the reviews..

I've read them, looks not great, that's why I wondered if anyone on here has tried the product. Thanks for all you advice :)

The gap in the corner is 26mm, am trying to weigh up between cutting into the tiles on the left corner of the bath so that it will slide in, leaving a gap of about 10mm that I can cover with the byretech, or cutting a triangle of the end of the bath and the surround so that it fits. Presumably of I do the latter then I'd need to put a batten on the wall to replace the lost strength and rigidity. Cutting into the tiles will be fiddly though to allow for the curve of the surround, which I'd need to build into the rest of the new tiles.

Please click on thumbnail for big pic!

IMG_20171105_121243.jpg

I've used diamond cutting discs similar to ones below on a Demel with flexi extension to cut clean lines through tiles.

Cut the tile as you say so the bath sits into the wall and maybe pull the bath out of square with the other wall slightly to even the gap up.

I think of you start trying to chop that curved panel up you'll make a lot of work for yourself.

Is there a shower going above that corner?.

Have you bought the Byretech yet?, will give you an idea how far you need to go if you can mock it all up.

I taped underneath our bath, filled the gap between wall and bath with silicone just under flush with top of bath and left it to set for 48hr. Then with the Byretech on top of that it's given a very good watertight seal, this is on our shower wall.

images.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back