Tiling a shower area with a window recess problem!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently tiled around the shower area of my bath. When standing in the shower there is a window recess to the left which gets covered in water when showering!
The tiles i layed are now starting to come away from the wall, so i am going to have to do this area again.
The first error i made was not to lay the tiles on the base of the recess on a slight angle so the water would run off the tile and into the bath. But the bigger problem is that where the tiles coming up the wall meet with the tiles on the base of window recess the water seems to be getting down the back of the tile. I used a tile edging strip but the joint is not water tight, even with covering it in selant.
If anyone can pass on any helpful tips i would great appreciate it, apart from moving the shower, bath or window!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back