TIMBER EASI-POSI JOISTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one used them?
or shall i stick to solid joists

Sponsored Links
They're popular with developers and very useful if you have to get a soil pipe through the floor. Also if you have big spans to deal with. Otherwise I'd go for trad joists.

I've asked the mods to move to building, will get a better response there.

Thanks again :)

I seem to keep posting in the wrong sections. :mrgreen:

My span is around 4.8 meters long.

I am guessing I would be using 8x2 or maybe 9x2

can I somehow split the joists to get them in easier and join then up with a cross beam?

Sponsored Links
We used them recently.

We set them at 450mm c/c as opposed to the max 600mm c/c to avoid the inevitable bounce.

Brilliant for the plumber and sparks.

No need to fit acoustic insulation either.

They have a broad top and bottom rail so plenty of nailing room.

Fairly light and easy to handle, just make sure you configure the joists the correct way up i.e. with the bearing end web rising.

Don't build any masonry higher than the easi joist, prior to installation or you won't get the strongbacks in. Don't forget to thread in all services and straps etc prior to building up masonry.

As nose said, they are so handy for 1st fix and don't need that much extra strapping/ bracing etc compared to standard joists. On a tight schedule with large spans the benefits of the extra time saved would probably outweigh the extra cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back