timber frame external door adjacent to upvc window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My home has a upvc front door and immediately adjacent to the door is a upvc window. The door and the window both have a frame thickness of roughly 65mm. This combination has been in place for about 20 years and works OK but the faux rosewood plastic door looks cheap and doesn't do much for the looks of the home. It's a let-down as far as first impressions go.

So I would like to replace it with a timber door. But the chap I have used in the past for various door and window projects doesn't see how the frame for a timber door can neatly butt up to the upvc window because the timber frame will be 20-25 mm thicker. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have the frame made to the size you want, hey presto. Local timber yards should be able to do this for you no problem.

If you put your location in your profile then someone may be able to provide details of a local supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back