Timber panel for garage conversiom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I'm new here so go easy;) I'm currently converting my garage into a living room. I'm running everything through building control so have to make sure it's all spot on! Basically I do with some advice.

I considered bricking up the front door but with the potential for having to dig a foundation and with me having absolutely 0 experience brick laying I thought it might be better to build a timber fame with a window in it. Ideally I'd like to somehow make the front look nice and tidy: I dont like timber cladding so considered trying those thin brick faces that look like real bricks but aren't. Seen those before/know what they're called?!
The frame needs to sit between a cavity wall so could provably be in 2 pars, creating its own cavity.

Whatever I build needs to be imsulated,damp proof and v robust,

So, anyone done anything like this before? Got any advice?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Just one point - not all garages had a polythene vapour barrier laid before the concrete floor was poured so do investigate this or there will be damp issues for ever more.
John :)

Often garage foundations are cast all the way around or where the intended door slap is, a long masonry drill will establish this quick and easy...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back