Timer no longer working on central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old back boiler system in our house, and recently had the controls for it moved from one wall to another wall in the kitchen. All was fine until the other day when I noticed the timer is not moving anymore. :confused: It's a Landis Staefa timer which has been in around 10 years. It has the round clock timer to the left of it, a hot water and heating slide switch and a boost and overide button for both hot water and heating. Anyone know where I will find a new timer? The timer fits onto a kind of socket approx 3"x3" with 8 or so pins running along the top of it, are they all the same, will other timers fit the socket?? Everything else is working bar the clock timer!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there is power at the programmer? Has a fuse blown in the spur or plug/socket beside boiler?

The backplate is industry standard so most new programmers will fit onto it, you may have to flick a small switch on the back to engage gravity mode.

Are you sure there is power at the programmer? Has a fuse blown in the spur or plug/socket beside boiler?

The backplate is industry standard so most new programmers will fit onto it, you may have to flick a small switch on the back to engage gravity mode.

The socket was a touch loose. So might be worth checking for loose cables. I did notice there were two switches on the back of the unit with IIRC 8 or 16, or maybe it was 10 & 16. :confused: Ring any bells?

siemens RWB29 digital 2 channel programmer is a direct replacement for the landis and staefa RWB2. check the model number on the back of the timer. its about 35 pounds from heating controls online. i got one and it works fine, looks modern too

Sponsored Links
siemens RWB29 digital 2 channel programmer is a direct replacement for the landis and staefa RWB2. check the model number on the back of the timer. its about 35 pounds from heating controls online. i got one and it works fine, looks modern too

Anyone know where the back plate mounts on the above unit?? As the current one we have mounts onto it's back plate to the left hand side as you look at it. And right next to it we have a FCU for the heating so if these Siemens unit's fit the back plate in the centre I can't fit one without having to move things in the newly plastered walls. :confused:

as it is a direct replacement, its also on the left. if your old one fits, so will the RWB29, providing your old one IS an RWB2

its literally a case of unscrewing 2 screws on the old timer , lifting upwards and outwards from the bottom and off the backplate, and reverse for fitting the new one. takes less than 5 mins

http://media.photobucket.com/image/landis%20RWB2/rachelandgromit/23072009659_2.jpg

is this the same as your old timer?

if so then the siemens RWB29 will be fine

No!! Ours is much newer. Just removed it and it's an RWB2E.

Will an RWB29 replace it still?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back