TMV hot or cold, but not both?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Hudson Reed sequential thermostatic mixer tap and I can't seem to get hot and cold to mix right. With both supplies connected I get only cold water (hot supply doesn't seem to engage at all, even if I reduce the cold flow by half-turning the isolating valve). If I disconnect the cold supply completely I can get hot water out, but only at a trickle. There's a grub screw to adjust the max temperature, and that's dialled up to the max.

Does anyone have any pointers? Mains pressure is within the stated operating range of the unit, and hot water is supplied via a combi unit.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
thought that too, and I double checked with the diagrams so make sure. Swapping them around makes things worse - turn the tap on (to a cold setting) and I get a decent flow of hot water, which gradually slows down to a stop, and following through to a hot setting gives me cold water.

What do you mean by a combi unit? Combination boiler? Combination cylinder? This sort of problem generally happens when the cold is on the main and the hot tank fed.

Sponsored Links
Does it need adjusting? A lot of blending devices have to be set at the commissioning stage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back