Toilet Overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My toilet is slightly and constantly overflowing into the toilet pan.

Have just fitted a TORBECK® plastic equilibrium float valve but there is still a constant trickle into the bowl.

The flush mechanism is a air type system in a vanity unit, and I'm starting to think its something to do with that part.

As the tank is very slowly emptying the new valve is left squeeking as the water is escaping.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Tim.

Sponsored Links
It's almost certainly the flush valve that's the problem, there may be some muck under the seal or the seal may be damaged. It could even be that one of the buttons isn't returning properly - try disconnecting the pneumatic pipes from the flush buttons.

If the Torbeck is squeaking / squealing you probably haven't fitted the correct flow restrictor

If it is coming through the integral 'overflow' as you mentioned in the thread topic, adjust your float valve to a lower level?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for all your replies.

In the end I stripped down the flush mechanism (Grohe) and found some tiny bubbles in one of the seals.

After popping said bubbles and refitting all if now fine. as the water no longer runs into the bowel, therefore the water inlet does not have to constantly open to refill at trickle rate.

After researching further it appears to be a common fault with the Grohe seal.

Thanks again for your help and hope this may help others.

Tim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back