Toilet probelms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The flush handle on my toilet is floppy, some times it will flush, some times it wont. The mechanism inside looks fine. Do i have to buy a whole new toilet system or can i buy the inners and change it?

Sorry if it sounds a stupid question, but im not a plumber.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably needs a new plastic arm on the flush lever. Internals can be changed when necessary, you don't need a new toilet cistern.

The plastic arm thats attached to the flusher handle? are these a standard size and can they be bought, or do i have to buy the whole lot of the inside?

thanks

Sponsored Links
The plastic arm is fine, also done the checks shown in the pics above, what do i check next?

Thanks

He is. But why bother? New siphons are about 6 quid. OP still has to remove the cistern either way.

It's not a difficult or big job, but you could cause more damage than the money you've saved by DIY, if you don't have a clue about these things. You may also have problems with leaks after removing the cistern, if you don't do a good job of re-fitting it. If you are unsure, don't attempt it. I'm not going to run through it step by step, it's your call if you decide you're up to the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back