toilet still flush slightly after press half flush button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey why is my toilet still flushing a tiny bit after I push the small flush button on the dual flush? whats the best way to cure this is it a new sypon?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it's push-button it's not a syphon, it'll be a flush valve.

The washers on flush valves are prone to bubbling. It is possible to replace them.

I'd replace the flush valve with a flapper valve.

Is the best way just to replace the whole flush vales? are they all the same size?

No all different.
A new seal costs a few quid a new flush valve can cost anything from £10 up.
Give us a pic of yours.

Ok I will take one can't you get universal flush valves the ones with the tube attactched to te button that will fit any cistern?

You can get the same one and just change the top part 2 min job.
or get a complete different one but then you need to change the bottom part which means stripping the cistern down.

I'd rather just change the seal.

Thanks whats a flapper valve?

pro72uk-04-11-2010.jpg

You will need to ascertain what size outlet your current valve is. If it's a top button then it will probably be 2".

Thanks I have got a fluh valve that looks like it will fit. However I can't get to the wing nuts to remove the cistern. It's one of them toilets that is back to wall so you can't see the waste pipe etc. Do I need to remove the whole toilet to get the cistern off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back