Toilet water constantly running after installing new taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yesterday I had to turn off my water supply and install some new kitchen taps which went sucessfully, however now the upstairs toilet is trickling persistently. It is made by Grohe and is a completely built in unit. I managed to take off the flush button but I do not have a clue as to what I should do to try and fix the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my knowledge is very limited.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please elaborate with instructions as I have never done any work on a toilet before.

It is probably a bit different to the run of the mill cisterns so have the model as well and make would be handy.

Grohe usually have enough literature packaged with the product to help access and maintain it. So having the model will help identify it for download if possible.

If you cut the old kitchen taps pipe with a hacksaw or otherwise let some debris in, that may have been flushed over to the cistern as PrenticeBoyofDerry has indicated. So a dismantle, clean and refit should be all you should try to start with.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the responses, very helpful.

The model is the same mentioned above as I managed to locate the instructions that came with it last night.

Might wait to do it until after Christmas in case problems ensue.

Cheers

Hi,
I tried to sort the issue with my toilet today but unfortunately it has been completely sealed in to a tiled wooden box. The issue seems to be with the filler valve but I just wondered whether it could be removed through the button hole on the front? If yes is there a particular knack to it?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back