Ton of topsoil - permit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am relaying my lawn in my garden and need to get some topsoil in and was looking at getting a ton of topsoil delivered. Does anyone know if I need to get a permit ( like a skip ) to keep the soil in the street? Would probably only be for a day or so as I would move the soil as soon as it arrived.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get it delivered on the morning you plan to shift it, get a couple of mates with wheel barrows to help shift it and you'll have it gone before anyone has time to care

Sponsored Links
^^^ What Russ said ^^^

I can't imagine the council being especially pleased about it so, at the very least, you'd likely need a permit.

not round here you wouldn't. I get stuff delivered all the time to the street, and in 12 years of trading have never once had a problem. That said, don't leave it on the pavement for too long - overnight will probably be fine. possibly.

You should be able to shift 1 tonne in about 10 barrow fulls I reckon, won't take long at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back