Top Seal Vs Acrypol??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

First time on this site so hope I can get some unbiased advice.

2 days before xmas (due to all the heavy rain) we had a small leak on our 15yrs old flat roof (20sqm). I've since got two very different quotes to waterproof the roof, one company quoted £650 to remove any loose grit, blowtorch the flat roof to level it & then paint it with Acrypol.

The other company quoted more than double that to replace the roof completly & recover with Top Seal fibre glass solution.

Both quotes provide a waterproofing solution but I wanted to know what the difference between these 2 products & if there was any benefit to replacing the roof completly?

Any feedback welcome, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Acrypol is only a temporary fix. Most on here will advise to use EPDM.

As above the first fix being a temporary fix that's assuming they know exactly were the leak is.Topseal is fibreglass system that is a complete roof covering with a guarantee and only installed by approved installers.There is no comparison between the 2 systems.

Sponsored Links
Id echo what Joe said,
Acropyl is fine for a temporary fix, the price quoted for that seems excessive.
The temparatures and weather need to be right for grp, but Id go for the epdm including the 20yr guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back