Top up my combi boiler...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bled my entire central heating system of water in order to replace a radiator valve (and was quite chuffed with myself at achieving as it was my very first plumbing experience). After the successful valve replacement, however, I have gone to switch my combi boiler back on (water mains on already) and there is no water pressure on the dial. The instructions on my boiler say to top up water in boiler but suggests calling an engineer to do this!!! I'm not sure this is necessary!!!! How do I top up my boiler- I have some information which talks about a filling loop and a valve to slowly increase pressure... can anyone clarify exactly how to do this for me please? :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you do a search for 'filling loop' you will find this subject has been covered a few times recently
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. After reading alot more and feeling a bit more confident about where the valve was I did as instructed. My central heating system is now up and running perfectly- phew!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back