Torbeck valve hum

not familiar with that kind of flusher, don't know. :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks anyway JohnD. Can anyone else help? I suspect that is the Pacific brand drop valve that is the problem.

The vibrating noice will more than likely be from the flush seal leaking.

On the Pacific flush valve it has 2 seals, the one you can see round the base & another on the inside of the unit.

The seal you can see on the outside does not lift to let water into the bowl, its the one on the inside that does the work.

Good luck in getting a replacement seal as pacific valves are discontinued.

The only thing you can do is to replace the whole unit push buttons as well, but be careful as these valves do not follow the norm (rule of thumb is most valves with push buttons on top of the cistern have a 2" outlet, valves that have a lever handle have a 1 1/2" outlet) but the pacific could be either size.

Lunns site has a replacement you just need to identify the size that is on your toilet
http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/

On the Pacific flush valve it has 2 seals, the one you can see round the base & another on the inside of the unit.

The seal you can see on the outside does not lift to let water into the bowl, its the one on the inside that does the work.

Thanks for this, will look into replacing the valve on the inside. As an aside, is it possible that the seal I can see could have worn over time to allow a leak?

Sponsored Links
Cleaning the seal on the inside usually makes the problem worse, it's doubtfull that the outside seal will have perished.

You will not get a replacement seal, you will need to replace the whole unit.

Cleaning the seal on the inside usually makes the problem worse, it's doubtfull that the outside seal will have perished.

You will not get a replacement seal, you will need to replace the whole unit.

Misread your initial post, which after I read I cleaned the inside seal and it did indeed make the problem worse.

When you say I need to identify the size that fits on my toilet where am I measuring? The cistern has the white plastic bit that the main Pacific push valve twists in to. If I remove that and measure the hole will that be it?

Thanks for your help

The cistern has the white plastic bit that the main Pacific push valve twists in to. If I remove that and measure the hole will that be it?

Thanks for your help

Yes or you can measure the threaded part of the cradle once you have lifted the cistern off the pan.

The noise is the plastic ballvalve and as common as muck.

Change it for a brass valve and the problem has gone.

Good luck in getting a replacement seal as pacific valves are discontinued.

The only thing you can do is to replace the whole unit push buttons as well, but be careful as these valves do not follow the norm (rule of thumb is most valves with push buttons on top of the cistern have a 2" outlet, valves that have a lever handle have a 1 1/2" outlet) but the pacific could be either size.

Lunns site has a replacement you just need to identify the size that is on your toilet
http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/

Arrhh you mean this fairy tale :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Arrhh you mean this fairy tale :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Middle_Finger.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back