Towel Radiator Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace the single radiator in my bathroom with a towel radiator.
The pipes come through the tiled floor and into the sides of the present radiator.
However the Towel Radiator that I've purchased the pipes have to connect via the bottom vertically.
Does anyone know of an elbow (L) that I can buy that will allow me to use my present connections.

Hope this makes sense

Sponsored Links
Towel rails do not have to have vertical pipe connections. You can equally fit angled rad valves (shiny towel rail ones if you like) which will give you horizontal connections. I always aim to bring pipes horizontally out of wall to keep floor clear of pipes - better for tiling, cleaning, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply Chris.
Perhaps I didn't explain myself to well.
The towel radiator has holes at the bottom, not on the side, of the two main struts.
What I'm looking for, if possible, is to establish if you can get an 'L' connection which will screw into the present valve then up into the radiator, hence my reason for saying a vertical connection.
Or does it look like I'm going to have to change both valves for straight radiator valves.

Sponsored Links
You can get 1/2" male to female elbows, chromium plated even, to make the connection as you describe, but I don't think it will look very elegant. The only advantage is that you might avoid having to drain CH system. I would fit angled or straight valves directly into towel rail and extend pipework to fit.

Chris,
Thats what I'm looking for. I'll give it a try and if the boss doesn't like it then new valves it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back