Trading Depot - Let me down badly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called them Saturday to enquire on delivery was told that if I placed my order today, they would place it with the supplier Monday and then Tuesday it would be sent to me be next day delivery,

So I booked a day off work and the plumber,

Thursday morning I get an email saying it will be dispatched today! TODAY!!?? You promised Tuesday.

I called them and gave them the option of same day delivery (only 40 miles, not too difficult) but the guy on the phone told me it was too expensive to do that and they would rather cancel the order. I said that they were letting down their customer badly but he just did not care. My order was over £300 by the way, not just a couple of washers.

Great customer service, guys - NOT!

Sponsored Links
And that is why when a customer says "i will get all the materials online" a) my price goes up, and b) I wait for a confirmation call before turning out to say the order has been delivered in full, and undamaged.

you get what you pay for...

DH

We use a local family run builders merchant. Ho hum.

You can shove yer on-line shoite up yer erse.

£300 order is small change anyway, but never proceed on the basis of one of these online retailers delivering, as said wait until you have the stuff undamaged and ready to go before booking the next bit.

Sponsored Links
Watched "DIY SOS - the Big Build" the other day. Chap on his own - wife had died - with five kids in a 2 bed house.

They built a two storey side extension etc in nine days and, guess what, everything turned up on time.

The planning which goes into the programme must be very comprehensive.

Back