Trail Camera rookie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any-one used one of these in anger (ie: sneaking on next doors' cat or catching an intruder) I'm amazed how cheap they are, have just bought A Victure HC200 for a try-out, most impressive for the price. Simple to set up, the only thing I want to do is use a mains input instead of batts, there is no indication of the polarity of the input socket, can I safely assume the middle pin is Positive?

Sponsored Links
I would bleep it through between the input and battery compartment
Mains is potentially dodgy outside and a long dc lead not a great idea.
A bigger battery pack might be better?

I did a quick google for an instruction book and their manuals page gives some support email addresses

Thanks Tc, have tried to contact a couple with no success. I run the cam in a sheltered spot at the moment. I'm afraid I don't quite understand "bleep it through......" ?

Sponsored Links
there is no indication of the polarity of the input socket,

Are you sure?

dasdcasdasdasd.jpg

I've been through frame by frame and this is the best frame I could find to enlarge!!

sdvasdvasv.jpg

6 volt DC, 2 Amp (2000mA) and centre pin positive.

Just weld it to the mains,what could possibly go wrong.

What's the battery life on that?

I've been using 12mp Ltl Acorn's for a few years now & get upto 6weeks of photo's from the batteries.

If you're using them cleverly, then a few days is all you needs.

Amazing rsgaz, I bought my first HC200 about 3 weeks ago. Was so impressed I've just bought another. The first one had no panel on at all indicating the polarity, the second one, up to now un-opened box, has your same panel next to the input socket, spooky! Many thanks.
ps:before I read your post had just taken one of the batts out on the original machine and used a meter to determine a link from neg in batt dept and o/s on input socket, which proves the label!

Sponsored Links
Back