Transparent rear-projection film...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm wondering, you can buy a special film which you put on glass (eg a shop window) and this serves as a screen to the outside world, with its source as a projector inside the shop. However, with transparent film, I'm very interested to know if customers on the inside of the shop can see OUT through the film clearly, or whether there is a mash of blurred colour all over it.

What I'd ideally like is a scenario whereby a screen could be seen from the outside of a window, but not on the inside. Perhaps this is completely impossible however?

Sponsored Links
We fitted it to windows in our batching plant to reduce the heat inside as the sun on a clear day would really give the AC a hard time keeping the place cool.

From inside you did not realise there was anything on the windows. There was not a problem with light as the windows were so large. It was like being in a green house. Which is why we used the film. With smaller windows one may find the reduced light was a problem however.

Sponsored Links
Hi pretzelz

if you email me your address - I will send you out sample

we manufacture what we call holoVue film - near clear, but with a projection image on it - looks like a screen

limitations on size + projector cost when in a sun drenched window (as it is a transparent screen)

but you can see thru it - when the image is black

if you have a projector you can test this

look forward in helping

[email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back