Treating rising damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am keen to treat a rising damp problem myself as I have been quoted far too much for it to be done by a tradesman and thought I should do it myself.
I can plaster myself and know that I have to hack off existing plaster&render back to brick and inject a substance and then render followed by skim coat.
What I don't know however is best products to use in terms of injecting brickwork and exactly how the treatment is done.
Can anyone give me some good advice and also what's the best gadget for testing for damp?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
First of all you need to be certain that your problem is rising damp.
Moist wallls and the telltale fungus are usually caused by condensation. (9 times out of ten.
Naturally if you call in a chemical damp proof company they will tell you you need a chemical damp proof course.
Is there a damp proof course present? Older houses were built without them, but I have seen many houses without damp proof courses which do not have rising damp.
Main causes of dampness are; Condensation,blocked gutters,soil piled up against wall especially when the construction is solid brick wall ie no cavity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back