Treating unfinished/pine internel doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am just in the process of treating all our new internal doors. We are really looking for an aged, antique pine finish. I've been advised from the reclaimination yard that we purchased the doors from that we would need to first apply an aging fluid, followed by an antique wax and finish by buffing... I can't seem to find any aging fluid, could anyone recommend or advise?

Many thanks
Ali

Sponsored Links
I've seen a weak ammonia solution being used on hardwoods which looked quite good but don't know if it works on pine or the effect it may have on any waxes you will be using.
It might be worth asking in the Woodworking forum, as there is some excellent advice regularly given there.

I think when a diyer attempts work of this nature it is always better to use a premixed product designed for such work.

Dec

Sponsored Links
No it isn't when you get it pre mixed it will or indeed should come with usage instructions.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back