Tree-trunk transport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 large pieces of a cherry tree that fell done in 2021. I'd like to make a new mantle above the fireplace from the largest piece and maybe some shelving boards from the remainder

I have found a local sawmill but I don't know what service I need to search for to get a flatbed lorry with a grabber that can transport a couple of tonnes of wood less than 15 miles

Any advice gratefully received

Regards

Gary

Sponsored Links
Portable sawmill, there are firms that will come out and process it on site. Ask local tree surgeons if they have an Alaskan sawmill.

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of the time someone :rolleyes: went to pick up a 5ft tree trunk with the pick up for a garden sculpture. No problem loading it at the yard, but that someone had completely forgot about unloading it at the other end of the journey.

Portable sawmill, there are firms that will come out and process it on site. Ask local tree surgeons if they have an Alaskan sawmill.
That was my first thought. They seem to be thin on the ground. I've gone local as I can then visit to discuss with the wood at the yard without having to make early irrevocable decisions

Regards

Tet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back