Trianco Oil boiler blower fan stalling intermittantly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks.
The boiler is aTro 37/45BH.The burner is a Monoflame made by Ecoflam.The oil pump is Delta.The problem, the blower fan fails to spin resulting in the cutout operating.This is intermittant.Sometimes it will work for days and sometimes cuts out three or four times a night.The oil pump, sitting on the end of the blower motor shaft, is held in place with three allen screws.Whilst in the stalling phase, having pressed the reset button, the motor will begin to turn and work perfectly if I loosen one or more of these screws.Later, after heating up, it stalls again and adjusting the screw fixes it again.Leave all three screws loose I hear you cry, but this would put a lot of stress on the fuel tube leaving the pump.
Is there a way of adjusting these three screws so that it works all the time or is there another fault that has caused this to develop?
Many thanks in advance,
Andrew

Sponsored Links
A low value motor start capacitor will reduce the starting torque.

Ideally the capacity should be measured to compare its actual value with the rated value.

Fiddling with the shaft alignment makes me wonder if there may be a tight bearing or some misalignment.

When its all tightened is the shaft totally free to turn?

When stalled will it start if the shaft is spun?

Tony

Some time ago my next door neighbour was seeking my help because his oil boiler would not start.
Straight away I could see the motor/fan/pump assembley did not move.
Tried turning fan by hand and felt resistance.
Removed motor and tried turning by hand, still resistance.
Examination revealed bearings dry
however applying oil soon eliminated resistance and bench test proved motor worked ok.
Motor replaced and boiler been workind ever since, but now he does oil the bearings.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou Oilman ,Agile and Mandate for your replies.
I hope its the cap and I do have the facility at work to have it measured.
The motor spins freely when removed and without the oil pump attached.There is resistance with the oil pump on the shaft but maybe its to be expected.Running fine tonight.I will remove the cap at the weekend and have it tested/replaced.I will post the result. I did oil the bearings.
Again many thanks
Andrew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back