triggers , fire zone, negative removed??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can somebody please help me make sense of trigger outputs
been on it for hours cant seem to get it to work

trying to add a smoke alarm to ademco galant alarm panel
have programmed z5 as fire zone & programmed trigger output as fire (on pcb board says trigger n/c)
all i want to do is energize a relay when z5 circuit is broken

i have tried wiring all sorts of combinations to get my relay to drive off trigger output but with no joy, its only a tiny signal relay with 30ma current draw.
can somebody please help and advise on connections to drive a relay when zone tripped, says in manual about negative removed trigger????? i dont get it , please help me make sense.

thanks

Sponsored Links
First thing get your multimeter and check between trig and 0v and trig and 12v to see what state the trigger is in ! I think you can change this in menu 84 trigger ! Then repeat this when the panel is in the fire alarm condition, you will find for example you will get 12v between trig and 0v I normal state and nothing in alarm state and that may be reversed between trigger and 12 v. If not you may have to use the header pins

i get 12 v between trigger and 0v

but when i operate zone 5 the trigger doesnt change still stays 12v between 0v and trigger

if this was working as it should ..should the relay coil be between ov and trigger or 12v and trigger?

but trigger not changing state when i remove resistor from zone 5or short out zone 5????

Sponsored Links
thanksfor help sparky

got it working didnt relize its all deol and fire detector zone has to be deol as well
thanks

i want this circuit to connect to a risco agm universal gsm dialler
i didnt realize i got the stu trigger header as well
can i connect the trigger header outputs direct to inputs on dialler unit
how would wiring be configured?
all this negative remove and positive remove terminology is confusing

To put it simple it's either a negative going positive in alarm or the other way round depending on the setting or control panel...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back