Triton Spellbind Electric Shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I could really do with your help.
1. I have had a Triton Spellbind Electric Shower installed in my new loft conversion bathroom.
I have only used it about 10 times and it has started to stop with LP.
This is normally at night or if I turn a tap on down stairs.
(Taps in loft conversion bathroom also loose pressure)
Is it possible to install a pressure regulated pump to the incoming mains water to the house that kicks in if pressure nears the minimum pressure required for this shower and boosts the incoming mains water back to normal levels.
This pump will only be needed if demand in my house is dropping the pressure or mains water usage in my street is high.

2. The CS alarm is also flashing on display with a picture of showerhead.
I have cleaned out shower head but wonder if an internal filter may be blocked. Another symptom here is the temperature of the water from the shower wanders around from hot and cold.

Any ideas would be great

Cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds just like you have a lp mains water problem,
thats why the shower will go hot/cold if pressure drops it shuts the heating elements off.

it's illegal to put a pump on mains water.

Thanks Hi spec plumbing heating,

Thanks for the reply.
What is the best solution for this with this type of shower. There doesn't seem to be any manuals around for this model of electric shower.

Why is it illegal to put a booster pump on the mains water that comes into my house.? It will only maintain the pressure that is present at non peak times in my house not the whole street.
Obviously I am not in the plumbing trade and the law works in strange ways.

Steelo said:
There doesn't seem to be any manuals around for this model of electric shower.
The manufacturer has manual - have you called them?

Why is it illegal to put a booster pump on the mains water that comes into my house?
Because the Water Regulations prohibit a pump whose output is beyond a certain amount.

It will only maintain the pressure that is present at non peak times in my house not the whole street.
Obviously I am not in the plumbing trade and the law works in strange ways.
It isn't strange, it's there to prevent a drop in pressure in the water main that could otherwise cause serious technical and hygiene problems.

Imagine if 150 houses in your street pumped the mains, at 1/10th of its flow capacity, each for 10 minutes during a 24 hour period - on aggregate there would be a constant usage of 1/10th of its maximum. Now, what if everyone in 11 similar streets did the same thing?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back