triton t80 i boiling hot then freezing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton t80i electric shower it keeps going freezing cold then boiling hot i phoned triton and the lady said that i does not have a thermostat so run it on full power cold mode for 20 mins and will solve problem . I have done so for 1 hour but still the same any ideas cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would phone Triton again and tell the lady that her idea hasn't worked.

Have you cleaned out your shower head?
Is there an adequate flow through the shower? If not [and probably not] then Why not?
Are you in a hard water area?

Sponsored Links
Isolate the electric supply and remove the cover. Check for loose connections. If there are any they'll probably show obvious signs of overheating.

Thanks solo have checked no loose connections but looks like some wires have over heated what do i do now?

Post a picture so that we can judge the best remedy, but if the shower is out of warranty then you might want to prepare yourself for it being uneconomical to repair. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back