Trunking for cables along a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my garage I have about 10 cables running from the CU along the wall for about 6 meters (about 18 feet) before entering the house. There are 3 ring mains, a cooker cable and some lighting cables. At present the cables are all surface mounted on a joist about 9" wide with hundreds of cable clips. The joist runs along the wall and supports a corrugated roof jutting against the house wall.

I am planning to have the CU replaced next year (currently Wylex) and at the same time tidy up the cables so they are free of the joist.

Can anyone advise on a cable truning system that I can use - perhaps two 100mm wide ? Does wide trunking have a system for supporting the cables inside so they don't just pile up on each other ? The trunking would run just below the joist which is the same level as the CU.

Sponsored Links
You can buy trunking of all different shapes and sizes from TLC.
Make sure you buy larger trunking than you require to allow for the 55% free space within the trunking.

they are curently spaced out and clipped direct..
by bunching them in trunking you will be altering their current carying capacit..
just something to be aware of..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back