Trying to finalise plans with A/T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am trying to finalise my plans and we seem to be a stand still over the top of some stairs (existing). I have a sub landing if you like, 1 step below the main landing. From this i would like to knock a hole though the wall to the left to make a walkway into what will be a new extension where 2 bedrooms will branch off the extended sub landing. My architect technician says there isnt enough head room as the ceiling is sloped there. please look at my roughly drawn up pictures and let me know if you think what i would like is within the scope of the K1 building control document.

This is how i'd prefer as its removing less brickwork.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/880-wide.104116/full
full

This is my possible way around the problem by making a slightly wider opening but with newel post to help preven falling down the first step when crossing the sub landing but this will eat into one of the new bedrooms slightly.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/1100-wide.104117/full
full

Thanks in advance. Dom

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response!

So becuase the the door way is off the sub landing its not applicable? Currently them double doors arent installed so the 'top' landing height runs stright through to the wall to make the sub landing only a 880x880 sqaure. Is this maybe why he's saying no as it could be percieved as part of the stairs? I suppose at the end of the day he should draw up what I want and if BC dont sign it off then thats my problem??? Forgot to mention, the arch tech's dad is a building officer for the local council so maybe he has advised him.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back