Tumble Dryer efficiency vs. Price

Sponsored Links
If you have the space, make an outside covered drying area, you can dry stuff outside all year round

Just didn’t get hot, come winter.

That's gave me food for thought.
I'm sure it worked well through the last winter but I was unwell and didn't venture out much.

I may get this one fixed and see what the engineer thinks.

I have a radiator in there and the shed is well insulated apart from the door edges. I can door somthing with that.

Sponsored Links
You can put a heat pump dryer in the house without any bad effects, as they don't leak steam all over the place as traditional ones do.

I wouldn't even consider anything other than a heat pump one, they cost a fraction of the price to run and don't ruin all your clothes as they don't get as hot so don't cook your clothes as olde-worlde ones do. Traditional ones pretty much boil the water out of the clothes, heat pumps dry using warm dehumidified air, more like line drying rather than a fan oven.

Traditional ones pretty much boil the water out of the clothes,

You must be thinking of the basic ones with no heat control.

Nice to know you have plenty of time to wait while a warm waft trickles through your damp towels.

Absolutely. As long as it takes less time than the washing machine so it can keep up with the loads then it's fine, and it can. It doesn't actually take very long anyway. I don't time it but a full drum gets done well within a wash cycle time. Mainly as washing machines take a long time these days, in the interests of efficiency (soaking costs nothing).

Switch on, walk away, do something else. Hardly an ordeal.

I have work trousers with a pocket for an ID card, with a clear plastic window. Wouldn't dare put these in an old-fashioned dryer, no problem at all with the heat pump one. Also my socks don't get half a size smaller every wash as they used to.

Without dehumidifying, much higher temperatures are needed.

It won't open . Is that the problem you had.

I think it was Odds that told me that the Shed is not good.

I think I previously provided you with a link that states that heat pump condensing units should not be used in sheds because of the risk of the water in the pipes freezing and expanding.

Sponsored Links
Back