tumble dryer vent/grill query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
just made a hole for the tubmle dryer vent to go through and was wondering what should be put on the end, facing outwards. According to the bloke in b&q, I need a cowl, but without the back draft flap - flyscreens will fill up with fluff, and any flap will stop the hot any from venting properly. They didn't have any left! Can anyone confirm this, and maybe recommend something - preferably online so I can order it. Oh yes, and if possible, in brown.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
you will get something from BES online, delivered in a couple of days.
i would suggest using one with a back draught flap, if you dont have it you need to make sure tumble drier door is shut or you will get a cold blast in the kitchen

will the backdraft flap affect the airflow outwards? Not sure how powerful the pressure of the air is, but will it be enough to push the large single flap up?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back