Turn up heat on hot water plus toilet water level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a plumber in now for over 2 months daily to change a small bathroom and an upstairs bathroom and its driving us nuts...

Things are left un-done and not finished which we are getting put right *sorry for the rant!*

Anyway we have taken out our old bath and replaced with a new one but now the hot water doesnt seem as hot?!? Plumber insists that he just swapped the pipes around - is there a way to turn up the heat on the hot feed on an upstairs bath?

Downastairs replacement shower also is on full and only luke warm and he says this could be made a little hotter with the settings.. so could this work with a bath?

Also we have replaced a toilet and the first time it was used with how shall we say "solids" - it blocked up!!

The toilet before could take anything that was "thrown at it" lol - can the water sitting in the bowl be raised as this seems a very small amount and maybe stopping the flush away of stuff...

Please help before i throw the plumber down the toilet to see if its working!

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about a combi boiler system here? I'm just wondering if your shower / taps are suitable for a vented system......
You can't raise the level of water in the loo bowl, but you can alter the amount that the cistern flushes, to a certain degree.
John :)

Im sure ours is a pressurised system if that helps?

I have heard of pouring water into the toilet pan to see if the level stays the same?

How do I alter the cistern flush? Would this make for a more powerful flush each time?

Sponsored Links
If you pour water into the loo pan you'll see that it remains the same every time.....this is because of the outlet pipe position.
Depending on which type of flush valve you have, it should be possible to adjust it....the syphonic types have a plastic bung or two filling a hole in the side of the syphon which alter the flush volume. Why not suggest this to your plumber?
At the same time, look up the specification of your shower to see if its suitable for a combi system.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back