TV Bracket Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a new TV bracket to replace the one currently on the back of my TV. I am having trouble removing the old bracket attachment, for some reason it is connected with what look like pins instead of crews? (See pictures)

Does anyone have any advice on removing these?

Many thanks

IMG_0656.jpegIMG_0657.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Most TVs have VESA standard hole configurations to accept new brackets.

Can you zoom out and take a photo?

That bracket isn't designed to be used with anything but the original TV stand, it's not supposed top come off.

Sponsored Links
That TV is so old it has component inputs, it won't be compatible with a VESA bracket. Anyway they're possibly rivets which could be drilled off or will need to be removed from the other side, I daresay one could attach the bracket to a VESA bracket if one possessed the wherewithal to do so.

Only place I can see to attach anything are the two inline horizontal hole , maybe put a bolt thru there and bodge something .

It looks like your original bracket was riveted onto the back panel. That's very unusual for a domestic TV. I'd normally associate that kind of mounting with some sort of high-security bracket.

Anyway, to make progress here you're going to have to remove the back panel of the TV to get a look at the other sides of the fixing points. From there you should be able to work out if they can be unscrewed or require grinding off.

Before you do anything though, have a look to see if there are any alternate fixing points on the rear panel. If it's a plasma screen, there's often some about 400mm apart widthwise across the back of the TV. If you have something, it may be possible to fix a different bracket design to those without having to remove the old bracket. These types of brackets are inexpensive from eBay.

1707711226091.png

It looks like your original bracket was riveted onto the back panel. That's very unusual for a domestic TV. I'd normally associate that kind of mounting with some sort of high-security bracket.

Is that a polite way of saying "Was the TV pinched from a bookies or summat?", @Lucid :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back