TV colour keeps dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a KS8000 and over the past couple of weeks, I've noticed the colours on the TV drop ever now and then. By drop, it would be like the saturation drops and then comes back.

I've never noticed this on Plex or Netflix, only on TV.

Could it be the booster is failing or something else?

Sponsored Links
What is a KS8000? Is it a TV? Who makes it?
Anyway a failing booster would not cause saturation changes.

Winston,
It believe it is a 2016 Samsung UHD TV.

Evostance,
Have you got the "Dynamic Contrast" or the Colour Space" switched to on? I ask as these can change the picture whilst you are watching it.
https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-the-color-space-setting/

SFK

Not that I'm aware of but I'll have a look. It only happens on TV though. Recently noticed it whilst watch The Bodyguard and X-Factor. At first I thought it was a dodgy camera on the X-Factor as the saturation slightly dropped for a second, then when the camera changed it was fine.

Sponsored Links
Is it repeatable - does it do it every time at the same position in the programme you are watching?
(You will of course need a recording of the programme to test this,or watch through BBC Player etc, or press back button when watching live)?

Is it repeatable - does it do it every time at the same position in the programme you are watching?
(You will of course need a recording of the programme to test this,or watch through BBC Player etc, or press back button when watching live)?

I'm not sure. As you say, i'll have to record and rewind. Haven't noticed on Netflix, Plex, PS4, Shield inputs though

Regarding your "Haven't noticed on Netflix, Plex, PS4, Shield inputs though"

That might be because those are not sending a "different colour gambit" with their signal, but the terrestrial is as per the first link I sent you "If a device or signal is sending a different color gamut and the TV is expanding that range to the TV's full color range this will change the saturation of the colors and could enhance or degrade the picture." But that is a guess by me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back